Family and friends,
After much thought, we will move forward with a service to pay respects and say goodbye to my dad. With the pandemic still raging, and my father dying due to COVID-19, I don’t take this decision lightly. Ultimately, I trust that those of you that desire to attend his visitation and service will be willing to follow the below protocols so that we can safely honor my dad and ensure no one transmits or contracts this cruel virus at his funeral.
- All are invited to the visitation but, due to the size of the facility, we request that those who attend the service personally had a relationship with my dad. This will help us manage the number of people inside the funeral home.
- If you are uncomfortable attending due to COVID-19 please honor that. We know your absence isn’t indicative of your love and respect for my dad and our family.
- If you are sick please stay home. If you would like to arrange for someone to include you via video conferencing so that you can participate we encourage you to do so.
- Mask are required.
- Social distancing is encouraged.
- Be mindful of your time in the funeral home. We want each of you to have your time to say goodbye, and we will not rush that. We just ask that when inside only engage in visitation/ service related activities.
- We understand that we will all want to share stories of my dad and I can’t wait to hear them! Please swap stories “tail gate” style outside in the grassy area or in the parking lot and refrain from “hanging out” inside the funeral home.
I understand that some of these protocols might feel unpleasant for some, but this entire situation for our family has been awful. Please show kindness and compassion by honoring these request.
Visiting hours be observed at Delhomme Funeral Home – Maurice on Tuesday, January 26, 2021 from 10:00AM to 1:45PM. The visitation is opened to all and we ask that you be mindful and limit your time inside the funeral home. Don’t forget your mask!
The funeral services will be held at 2:00PM on Tuesday, January 26, 2021 in Delhomme Funeral Home – Maurice. We ask that those who attend have had a personal relationship with my dad in order to reduce the number of people inside.
Delhomme Funeral Home, 200 Chief H. Fred Road, Maurice, LA